About the Company
CEAVCO prides itself in partnering with its clients in the design and management of events resulting in the delivery of exceptional experiences.
CEAVCO offers the opportunity to join an industry-respected team with recognized audio visual production experts. Our owners and management provide direction and education to all members of our staff, and we offer significant training opportunities to our team. We value the skills and experience each individual brings to the team, and we collaborate closely to best serve the needs of our valued clients. CEAVCO offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, paid-time for vacation and holidays, 401K plan and more. With a 15-year average employee retention rate, our business is built on strong, long-standing relationships.
CEAVCO is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal and state laws. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition, or disability.
About the Open Position
Reporting to the Managing Director of CEAVCO, an AVFX company, the AV Technician – Tradeshow Specialist will operate as part of a team to ensure a high equality end product at client tradeshow booths. The ideal candidate will leverage their knowledge of LED, project, switching, signal flow, and digital audio consoles to produce outstanding results. To excel in this role, you must be a driven, self-motivated worker and a fast learner.
- Comply with all established procedures and regulations of the tradeshow industry
- Supervise installation of audio/visual equipment by on site Union labor
- Set up, operate, and strike various video and audio systems, as needed
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of signal flow, LED, projection, switchers, digital audio consoles, microphones, speakers, wireless and intercom systems, and Dante network systems
- Work with sales team, Technical Producers, clients, and crew as needed to help design video systems for various spaces
- Working virtual and hybrid events from AVFX studios and on-site locations
- Operate and maintain a working knowledge of virtual meeting platforms, such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Responsible for packing and setting up non-tradeshow events; this includes moving gear in and out of the warehouse and venues
- Keep warehouse storage areas neat and organized
- Submit expense reports within 48 hours of show completion
- Attended industry-related meetings, classes, and/or tradeshows to expand your knowledge base, when time permits
- Assisting Equipment Manager in testing and sending out gear for repair, performing in house repairs when possible
- Properly clean and sanitize all returning equipment
- Adhere to safety protocols in-office and on-site
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management
Skills & Proficiencies
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize competing priorities
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and work under pressure
- Ability to collaborate as a part of a team
- Self-motivated worker and learner
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Familiarity with Barco and Panasonic laser projectors, switchers including ATEM, For-A, Barco, Ross, and touchscreen monitors
- Familiar with digital audio consoles, including Yamaha QL Series, CL Series, and LS9
- Familiar with wireless microphone systems, including Shure and Sennheiser products.
- Familiar with communication systems including the Clear-Com Freespeak system
- Familiar with safe rigging procedures
- Experience working in the event technology and production services industry, with a concentration in corporate events and/or trade shows a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly and unassisted
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- OSHA 10 certification required
- Experience with Spyder X-20 Matrix switcher a plus
- Experience with VectorWorks is a plus
- Experience with studio and robotic cameras a plus
- Dante level two certification a plus
- Audio measurement skills a plus
- Frequent travel to off-site and out-of-state locations
- Occasional international travel
- Frequent evenings and weekends
- Affordable health insurance plan
- Employer sponsored Dental, Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
- Voluntary Vision, Life, and Accident insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Daycare assistance
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) and employer profit sharing contribution
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $27 – 32/hour
Apply for position
IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Browse more job openings within the AV Alliance below.